Headlines from the May 2019 Parish Council
· This was the first meeting of the Council following the Parish Council elections. Terence Patrick was re-elected Chairman with Jonathan Murphy as Vice-Chair.
· The Guildford Local Plan is now in effect although there may still be challenges ahead. Attention is likely to move to the supplementary planning documents which will spell out some of the details. We expect a master plan to be produced for Gosden Hill which should go out for consultation at some stage.
· The West Clandon neighbourhood planning questionnaire has now closed- thanks to all who took the time to complete it. With over 270 responses received this is by far the biggest ever survey of opinion in West Clandon. You can see the result for yourself on the Neighbourhood Planning website www.westclandonplan.org.uk. The Neighbourhood Planning Group will now start to develop the main themes of the plan building on the results from the questionnaire. There are already two events planned where there will be opportunities to hear more about what is being proposed and to comment further. They will be:
- At the Clandon Society AGM to be held in the Poppy Room at 8.00pm on Thursday 23rd May
- A drop-in session in the Poppy Room 1.00pm-4.00pm on Sunday 23rd June
The footpath north of Tithebarn Lane is now
reported open after some remedial work. Work on the bridge on the footpath
across the Clandon Park estate towards Merrow Park is not due to start until
June so it remains closed. Surrey Plan to cut the main footpaths in the village
in 2-3 weeks time.
The next meeting of the Parish Council will be on Wednesday 12th June 2019 at 8.00pm in the Village Hall. All interested residents are invited to attend.
John Stone, Parish Clerk